We worked with a Welsh independent school to successfully increase passenger numbers, which helped to reduce both congestion and emissions.
The school approached us with a wish list:
- Increase passenger numbers to reduce congestion and emissions
- Address minibus issues, with expired leases and driver recruitment issues
- Enhance parent experience of booking, tracking and communications
- Upscale the provision without incurring an excessive cost increase
We carried out a targeted parent survey to identify issues and needs. We coupled this with sophisticated financial modelling based on targeted growth, alongside a data-driven route optimisation exercise.
- Hybrid model of internal minibuses and outsourced routes
- Addition of a new route, previously unserved by school transport, now used by 18 pupils on a daily basis
- New booking portal and parent app, including state-of-the-art vehicle and pupil tracking
- A 20% increase in passenger numbers
- An emissions saving of 32 million grams of CO2 per year
In short, every item on the school’s original wish list was delivered. A hugely successful outcome for the school, parents, pupils and wider community.
To find out more about how we could bring similar benefits to your school, get in touch today